Wednesday, November 26, 2008

September 5th, 2008.

Well, things went great. The students seem to be real excited about how I will be teaching math, especially the part about no tests, no text book and no assignments. It was funny because one of the students told me she was glad we were not using the text book because she could not understand what it was asking anyway. Great, I thought, we are off to a great start.

I talked about the approach and what I expected of them, talked about why I wanted to do things differently than what they were used to and then opened the floor to their questions and comments.

The students were open and honest and talked about and questioned if this was going to make it harder for them next year, how I was going to know they were learning and what types of things they would be doing. This lead me to the first problem of the year, “Find that Homework”. I introduced the problem and then, the bell rang!

No comments: